- the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company
- an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK
- The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
- You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.
- You can come to the UK for an initial period of 3 years.
- You may be able to extend your visa for another 2 years.
- After you’ve been in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK.
- work for your employer, full time
- bring your family (‘dependants’) with you to the UK
- extend your visa multiple times
- apply to settle in the UK after you’ve been here for 5 years
- work for yourself or any other business
- stay in the UK if the sole representative arrangement is ended by your employer
- switch to this visa from any other visa category
- get public funds
If you are coming to the UK as a sole representative you must:
- be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
- have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
- hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
- intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, eg a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
You may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that doesn’t employ staff or transact business.
If your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.
Newspaper, news agency or broadcast employees
As an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation, you can come to the UK if you’re being posted here on a long-term assignment.
For further details, contact us:
Mobile: 789 36 38 689